Thursday, June 10, 2010

Leap Year


Last night we used a free Redbox code and decided a chick flick is what we would rent. This is a really hard review to write because simply it bored me out of my mind. I don't know it if was because neither of us really wanted to watch it or what but it was just not me that was bored. The story was very predictable. While most romantic comedies are predictable this one due to the pacing of the whole movie made it even more unbearably painful to watch.

The chemistry between Matthew Goode and Amy Adams is not there. Really there is nothing believable between the two of them. I was most disappointed with Adams performance, while she usually brings something vibrant and comedic to roles, she looked very lost. I t may have been cheesy line after cheesy line but she did not make the character come alive but seem flat and completely uninteresting. Goode is servicable in his role, but brings nothing new to the role of the man interested in the unattainable.

The pacing for the movie is very slow. The movie is a simple case of nothing going right as Amy Adams character tries to make it to Dublin. While the imagery of Dublin is great and the countryside is so green, it does not really do much to transport the viewer to the place.

I think my running feeling about this whole movie was that it was just boring. It brought nothing and made it so that the specifics of the movie were very forgettable. I am giving this movie one bucket of popcorn out of five.

-The Movie Man-

No comments:

Post a Comment